Friday, December 30, 2011

Roger, Roger. What's your vector, Ebert

Although I do not always agree with Roger Ebert, especially when it comes to his opinion that video games could never be considered art, I just read a post I agree with concerning the reasons for slumping box office returns.  The wife and I, after receiving very generous movie gift cards from her brother for Christmas, saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows this past week (review to come shortly :).  I couldn't believe that ticket prices are up to $11 a piece.  I long for the days when I was a teenager and a trip to the movies cost $4.25.  Friends and I ventured to the cineplex much more frequently then I do now.  Of course, I also recall many more sold out showings back in the day too.  Maybe someone should introduce Hollywood to basic economics.  I know, too much to ask for but here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment